If you are asking “what is the best treadmill to buy, what are the best treadmill brands and where should I buy a treadmill?” Here is a guide to assist you.
What is the best treadmill to buy?
Identify your need for a treadmill, you will read this statement a few times, but the truth is that various companies offer a variety of treadmills that are intended for different uses. This is why your needs have to be the first thing to consider. If you will only be walking on a treadmill for 5 minutes a day, then chances are that you do not need a commercial-quality treadmill that was built to endure hours of running in commercial clubs. The opposite is also true, if you are training for a marathon, you will need a quality treadmill with a strong motor that can sustain hours of daily usage.
In essence, ask yourself the following questions:
- Will you be running/jogging or walking on the treadmill? Home Running Treadmills, Walking Treadmill options.
- How many people will be training on your treadmill daily? If your entire family will be training on the treadmill, ensure that you buy a treadmill with a good motor.
- What is your goal? Run your first 5km? Losing weight? Look at the console features that the treadmill offers to ensure that the product assists in reaching your goal.
- What is your budget? Consider the warranty, spare part availability and after-sales service that you will receive for the amount of money that you are spending. It is better to invest in a quality treadmill than buy a cheap treadmill and needing to replace it every 6 months to a year.
What are the best treadmill brands?
When researching treadmill brands, ask the supplier where the treadmills are manufactured, be sure to research how long the brand has been on the market for. A well established brand will generally offer spare part availability and ensure the longevity of your treadmill. Warranty and after- sales service are also good indicators of a reputable brand.
Where should I buy a treadmill?
There are numerous options to choose from when buying a treadmill.
- Mass Retail stores are one option, they generally offer entry-level items and tend to have friendly store assistants that could tell you more about the treadmill specs. The pro’s of mass retailers are that they have various locations for you to visit their stores and instantly shop your home treadmill.
- Online is a second option, but it doesn’t allow you to first test the product before you purchase it. Purchasing gym equipment online also requires a lot of research, alternatively speak to a sales person to answer all your questions regarding buying a treadmill online.
- Speciality showrooms that specialize in gym equipment. This option allows you an opportunity to discuss your needs with a qualified sales executive that will provide the best possible service. They generally have an entry-level product range, but also offer high-end items with a customized service offering. As an example, Matrix Fitness sales executives are experienced and have a vast amount of knowledge when it comes to gym equipment, they will assess your needs and ensure that you purchase a treadmill that caters to your exact needs.
Each of the above options offer their own benefits and value adds and it is important to assess your needs when deciding where to buy a treadmill.